9 Tips For Keeping Colored Hair Beautiful and Healthy
1. Don’t shampoo your hair every day.
Try skipping days and using dry shampoo instead if your hair is greasy.
2. When you do shampoo your hair, use warm water, not hot.
Hair dye fades much quicker in hot water.
3. Only use sulfate and paraffin free products that include a UV filter.
These chemicals cause hair color to fade faster.
Hair by Arensman hair products are free of these chemicals and contain the UV filters necessary to extend the life of the color.
4. Sleep with a silk pillowcase.
A silk pillowcase wll help your hair cuticles stay closed and prevent it from tangling and frizzing. This is my favorite silk pillowcase brand: Slip for Beauty Sleep
5. Dry your hair with a microfiber towel or an old t-shirt.
These materials don’t rough up the cuticle like other towels can.
6. Always use a wet brush when hair is wet.
Wet brushes work great on dry hair, too!
7. Dry hair on medium heat and change to cold during the last seconds of drying.
The cold air closes the hair cuticle and helps to add shine.
8. Always keep any styling tools like a curling or flat iron on low heat.
Remember to never turn the heat up over 400 on these tools.
9. Leave a deep treatment or every day conditioner in your hair when swimming in chlorine or salt water.
The conditioner will protect your hair against the pool chemicals or salt.